Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thing 6--Blog Readers

What a great idea! I follow a few blogs, but I always have to go to my book marks to get there, and I never remember to keep up with everyone. I went ahead and created the 23 things folder with the official North Texas 23 Things blog, my own, and the Batgirl Was a Librarian blog. I also added my sister's blog, and I'll soon start adding a few more from various family members and library blogs I follow. My baby sister is the first blogger I ever followed, then my niece's mom created a live journal blog to record my niece's first few years. My step-father-in-law has a good one, too. I hardly ever remember to look for updates, so hopefully this will help me stay on top of it. If I were ever to use blogging as a classroom tool, this would be a great application to use to track student blogs.

This stuff is so fun! I seriously wish I had more time in the day. I can think of so many other things I should be doing right now, and yet, I can also think of so many things I would like to do with Web 2.0 in the school library. I'll only get to apply them if I figure out how to use them myself. I guess I can justify all the little distracting bunny trails I've been taking each time I discover something new with these tools--it may have some eventual practicality for my library and my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment