Friday, August 28, 2009

Extra Thing -- Shelfari

Although this is officially not part of the 23 Things, it is definitely worth mentioning on this blog. Shelfari is an interactive, social bookshelf. It is kind of similar to LibraryThing. It allows you to create a bookshelf with books you have read, are currently reading, or plan to read. You can rate books, tag them, and write reviews. Like most social networking sites, you can have friends and join groups. You can see what friends are reading and what they think of something to help you decide what to read next. I've added the Shelfari widget to my blog so you can see what it's like.

I know a teacher librarian who has used it with a class for the students to write reviews and share books with their peers. It seems like a great idea! I couldn't let the opportunity to share this Web 2.0 technology with someone pass me by. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing; this sounds like a very useful tool. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete