Friday, August 21, 2009

Thing 17 -- LibWorm

It's a cool concept. LibWorm is still in the beta version, so it may still have some bugs to work out, but I like the idea. I looked up terms such as information literacy, challenged books, intellectual freedom, and Bluebonnet Award List. Some of the hits were relevant, and some, not so much. I tried looking up Stephan Krashen, but nothing came up, nor did I get any hits searching for my own school library (and I do have a blog for it). I did find some relevant hits for the Austin Public Library, some from the APL blog, and some from stories in the news. I think the idea of a search engine that only searches library related sites is a great way to filter searches, however I don't think the Worm is finding all of the library sites and blogs, even some of the most relevant and prominent library blogs seem to be missing from the results lists. With time, I think this will become more and more useful as a tool for librarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment